- Is your pet struggling with mobility issues such as stiffness, lameness, having trouble climbing stairs, or jumping in or out of the car?
- Is your pet suffering from an unsteady gait, knuckling of paws, or incontinence?
- Does your pet yelp, or cry out when being touched or moved?
- Are you concerned with your pet struggling to recover mobility from orthopedic surgery?
- Are your friends telling your pet is a bit too chubby and needing some help with weight management?
- Is your pet driving you crazy with an over abundance of energy that is hard to manage?
- Are you looking to improve your dog’s performance, agility or gait on a competitive level?
Aqua therapy is an excellent and effective rehab workout that strengthens muscles through water resistance, while protecting joints with low impact exercise. This rehab therapy enables pets to regain a better quality of life whether they are dealing with physical, post surgery, behavioural, or weight management issues.
Through aqua therapy, we have been successfully improving the quality of life for many pets since 2012. With extensive training and experience, our vet creates a customized workout plan, specific to meeting the desired unique health and fitness goals of your pet. The results of this effective therapy are not only physical, improving muscle strength, cardiovascular functionality, and weight management, but mental as well. Re-directing and channeling excessive energy using physical and mental stimulation results in immense improvements in behavioural conditions.
Conditions benefiting from this therapy
Any condition that creates limping, collapsing, decreased weight bearing, or increased instability of the joints:
- Osteo Arthritis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Hip and Elbow Dysplasia.
- CCL tear (Cranial Cruciate Ligament), Patellar Luxation.
- Bulging Discs, Spinal Stenosis, and any issues related to Spinal Dysfunction.
Conditions that result in destructive behaviour, anxiety, and fear:
- Behavioural problems.
- Lack of exercise.
- Unmanageable excess energy.
Weight issues that create health and mobility problems:
Peak performance conditioning:
- Increased agility ability and gait
- Improved performance
Cost-saving aqua packages available!